CBD oil is becoming increasingly popular for relieving symptoms of pain. In order to understand how CBD works to alleviate pain, we first need to understand how the body and pain interact. The human brain has an entire network of sensors which detect pain and adjusts the strength of the pain sensation in accordance with the seriousness of the injury. The nerve sensors around the afflicted area are responsible for the sensation of pain, and it is these receptors that CBD is thought to work on.
CBD possesses the following properties that helps to alleviate pain:
- Anti-inflammatory – CBD can reduce pain signals by binding to receptors which signal to the body to cause inflammation and block them.
- Endocannabinoid Stimulation – As we mentioned in the last blog, everyone has an ECS. CBD acts to increase levels of Anandamide, which in turn soothes the brain's receptors and helps to alleviate pain.
- Calming effect – Many CBD users report a sense of calm when using CBD. Not all pain is physical, and CBD has shown great promise in working to alleviate symptoms of mental ailments such as anxiety and depression. This is thought to be as a result of the stimulation of the ECS, but also because it helps the body activate and regulate its serotonin levels.
In addition to the above, there is a whole host of research on CBD that has gone underway, and whilst more scientific data needs to be collected, CBD has shown great promise in the following areas:
- Fibromyalgia – This is a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body. Additionally, it can cause increased sensitivity to pain and overall fatigue. Patients have been reported to switching to CBD based products as pain relief because CBD worked so well for them.
- Nerve damage – Nerve pain is particularly difficult to treat as it is hard to target. CBD, through its interactions with the brain can help the body produce more serotonin the combat nerve pain. Additionally, CBD also binds and activates specific receptors which reduce pain in their activated form.
There is a great deal of research to show the potential benefits that can be unlocked through using CBD, and as studies continue to be conducted on this fascinating chemical, we move closer to understanding the full benefits that CBD can offer.
For more information please visit www.lucidhemp.co.uk
*Cannabidiol oil (CBD) is a natural component of the hemp plant.
We do not make any medical claims regarding our products. Our products are food supplements and not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you need medical advice, you should always contact your doctor or other appropriate medical professional. *